Mark Levine: Jazz piano masterclass with Mark Levine - The drop 2 book
Jazz piano masterclass with Mark Levine - The drop 2 book
The 'Drop 2 Book' is the first and only publication to explore the 4-note, block-chord approach to jazz piano playing---as used by piano masters like Kenny Barron, McCoy Tyner, Barry Harris, Cedar Walton and Bill
In this book, world-renowned educator and pianist Mark Levine gives the reader a comprehensive, step-by-step, beginning to advanced Masterclass on this fascinating approach to voicing chords.
Included in the book are complete chapters on:
- The basic Drop 2 approach
- More advanced Drop 2 techniques
- Soloing and 'comping in Drop 2
- Techniques for practicing Drop 2
- Plus a CD is included of Mark demonstrating each exercise!
- An invaluable insight into the harmonic minds of some of our greatest piano players, by the author of "The Jazz Piano Book".
68 pages, plus audio CD.
"Mark Levine is a wellspring of knowledge on modern jazz piano playing. His books are invaluable tools in aiding the aspiring pianist. Furthermore, his brilliant playing is proof that he knows what he's talking about." Mulgrew Milleran wanting to understand more fully the inner workings of jazz." Alan Broadbent
"This is the meat and potatoes of jazz piano playing. These voicings will make you sound like a real jazz piano player in no time." Jamey Aebersold(ISBN 9781883217471)