Anthony J. Cirone, Neil Grover, Garwood Whaley: The art of Percussion Playing
The art of Percussion Playing
This unique text provides information on the history, selection, and idiomatic performance techniques on bass drum, cymbals, tambourine, triangle and 17 percussion accessory instruments.
All essential techniques are covered in short etudes composed especially for each instrument.
- Clear instructional diagrams
- Lists selected literature from the band/orchestra repertoire
- Includes wood block, cabasa, castanets, claves, antique cymbals, temple blocks and more glossary of foreign terms and names
- Exercises for bass drum with cymbals attached
- Full background information on all included instruments