James Humberstone: Sibelius 7 Music Notation Essentials
Sibelius 7 Music Notation Essentials
"Sibelius 7 Music Notation Essentials" provides the most thorough introduction available to the fundamental operations of Sibelius 7 and lays the foundation for continuing studies at the more advanced levels. This book is built around five hands-on projects, including an introduction to the Sibelius 7 interface and basic editing operations; setting up a score and entering notes; importing MIDI, MusicXML, lyrics, and more; creating a worksheet; and scoring video. The learning method is tutorial-based, step-by-step, and visually compelling; the projects in the book are fully integrated with the accompanying tutorial videos and include many helpful screenshots and diagrams. On the companion website are 31 tutorial videos in which the author steps you through every key skill learned in each lesson. In addition, the accompanying CD provides you with all of the resources you need to complete the course in Sibelius, plus five extension projects. "Sibelius 7 Music Notation Essentials" is the first crucial step in mastering Sibelius 7, the most popular music notation software in use today.
- Includes 5 projects teaching the fundamental operations of Sibelius 7, from learning the interface to scoring video.
- Project-based curriculum includes integrated text/video tutorials that guide readers step by step.
- Lays the foundation for continuing studies at the Expert and Pro levels.
James Humberstone is a composer and educator who focuses on the use of music technology in education. Today, James is busy with residencies all over the world and maintains an active teaching schedule in Sydney, Australia. He was previously Director of Applications and Education at Sibelius Australia. James has trained thousands of Sibelius users, and he developed this new course working closely with the Sibelius team.
Table of contents:
- Lesson 1. Amazing Grace.
- Exercise 1. Rearranging a Score.
- Lesson 2. Beethoven's 3rd String Quartet, First Movement, Opus 18, Number 3.
- Exercise 2. Practicing Entry Methods.
- Lesson 3. Purple.
- Exercise 3. Rearranging a MusicXML File.
- Lesson 4. Worksheets.
- Exercise 4. Creating a Worksheet.
- Lesson 5. Agent Zero.
- Exercise 5. Creating a Sample Soundtrack.
- Appendix A: Elementary Music Theory.
- Appendix B: Scores Required in This Course.
- Appendix C: Answers to Review/Discussion Questions.