Dana Suesse: Jazz Nocturne and other Piano Music with Selected Songs
Jazz Nocturne and other Piano Music with Selected Songs
This collection includes over 25 Piano pieces and songs by the Tin Pan Alley pianist Dana Suesse.
Nicknamed "the Girl Gershwin", Suesse was a renowned jazz musician and composer of film scores and Broadway show tunes. She achieved national prominence with her first publication, Syncopated Love Song, in 1928 and went on to collaborate with some of the most prominent songwriters of the 1930s.
Suesse's Piano works include Blue Moonlight, Jazz Nocturne, The Cocktail Suite, Three Compositions For The Piano, 110th Street Rhumba and Serenade To A Skyscraper. Her film scores include that of The Seven-Year Itch.
This collection is the first published folio of Suesse's music. Edited by her friend and executor, the pianist Peter Mintun, this volume and offers a profile of the composer's life and work that will be treasured by cabaret pianists, jazz Piano enthusiasts and performers of the Great American Songbook.
- 110th Street Rhumba
- Afternoon Of A Black Faun
- American Nocturne
- Blue Moonlight
- Have You Forgotten?
- Ho Hum!
- Jazz Nocturne
- My Silent Love
- Night Sky
- Serenade To A Skyscraper
- Swanee River
- Syncopated Love Song
- The Cocktail Suite: Bacardi
- The Cocktail Suite: Champagne
- The Cocktail Suite: Manhattan
- The Cocktail Suite: Old-Fashioned
- The Night Is Young When You're So Beautiful
- This Changing World
- Three Compositions For The Piano: At The Fountain
- Three Compositions For The Piano: Midnight In Gramercy Square
- Three Compositions For The Piano: Swamp-Bird
- Whistling In The Dark
- You Oughta Be In Pictures
- Yours For A Song