Joseph Alexander: Guitar Chords in Context - Vol.1
Guitar Chords in Context - Vol.1
Guitar Chords in Context Part One - Construction and Application "A complete guitar chord method that teaches you to build, understand and play every chord in modern music"
Not just another chord dictionary.
Whether you're learning guitar for the first time, or you're looking for more insight into how guitar chords work, Guitar Chords in Context has the answers you're looking for. Instead of simply listing chord diagrams, this book teaches you in great detail how to construct and apply every chord type you'll ever come across.
Everything you need to understand and master the guitar neck is included, including over 110 audio examples and backing tracks that you can download for free from www.fundamental-changes.com.
The book itself contains over 100 pages of clear, high resolution diagrams covering the construction of every common guitar chord type. There are three different essential voicings for each chord and plenty of information about the context in which it is used.
How You Will Immediately Benefit:
By understanding the theory behind the construction of each guitar chord type and learning where every interval lays on the fretboard, you will instantly see the guitar neck in a new way. You will quickly internalise the concept of guide tones and be able to use them to immediately construct any chord type you desire, anywhere on the neck.
Short-cuts To Quickly Make You Musical:
- Build and play triads, 7th, 6th and altered dominant chords Learn how to use substitutions to add diatonic extensions and chromatic alterations to chords
- Understand and play guitar chords in a musical context; don't just learn a list of complex voicings
When you have read Guitar Chords in Context you will see and understand the guitar neck in a whole new light. In fact, you will never need a traditional ‘chord dictionary' again. You will quickly be able to find the musical voicings that work for you - every time.
Guitar Chords in Context Includes:
- Three voicings of every important chord type, along with their theory, construction and use in music
- 100+ pages and over 110 audio examples to download for free
- A complete, useful and musical way to master chords for guitar
It's easy, systematic, fun and reliable.(ISBN 9781910403129)