Sarah Watts: Spectral Immersions
|Uitgever||Metropolis Music Publishers|
The intention of this project is to have a final outcome which will mean that composers can successfully explore the use of multiphonics in a variety of different ways in their music and also that both composers and performers will have an accurate publication to refer to and use in the future.
This 233 pages book is the result of years of intensive research by Sarah Watts, international acclaimed bass clarinet soloist and professor.
This publication has the following integrated aspects and media:
- Background, use and spectral analysis of multiphonics
- Overview of the practical use of multiphonics
- 257 new fingering charts for multiphonics
- Overview of new compositions and etudes, using these charts
- Data CD with all the multiphonics recorded (MP3 files) and graphic tiff files for each individual chart.
- Audio CD with a selection of works that were composed using the results of this research.