André Oorebeek: The Voice of the Piano
The Voice of the Piano
The price of this item is not yet known. You can contact us to inquire after the price.
The Voice of the Piano is unique in that it is the only book devoted entirely to piano hammers and voicing. Veteran concert technician, 'tone warrior' and self-professed 'hammer man' André Oorebeek does what no other world class voicing technician has done before: he takes us behind the scenes and creates for us a step-by-step map for the complete voicing process of piano hammers.
The book includes:
- information on hammer felt making and hammer pressing
- anatomy of the piano hammer
- description of the required tools and materials and how to use and apply them
- where and how to needle to achieve the desired effect
- what to watch and listen and feel for
- how to work the hammers with files, needles and other tools.