Mario Balestra: Modal Harmony in the Art of Improvisation - Vol.1
Modal Harmony in the Art of Improvisation - Vol.1
|Publisher||Les Editions Du Nord|
Mario Balestra was born in Castelfidardo (Italy). He studied at the Lanaro Music Academy in Rome and performed with many great jazz musicians.Finding a first quality tuition for jazz music is very hard. Mario Balestra worked for years on this 250+ pages manual, what nowadays is being considered as the ultimate preparation and education of the jazz musician.
Part 1 :
- Modal harmony approach,
- Modal scales and chords applied to improvisation,
- Modal substitutions.
Part 2 :
- Development of modal chords,
- Non-modal scales, diminished, blues, pentatonic and esatonal scales.
- Voicing in fourth, special effects, studying various forms of blues, rhythms, turn arounds & composition endings.
Part 3 :
- Unpublished compositions elaborated with modal harmony