Christopher Field: A Garland of Song
A Garland of Song
Voice and piano
10 Songs for the Developing Voice.
The songs in this 'A Garland of Song' were written expressly with the developing voice in mind, with simple vocal lines and supportive piano accompaniments aimed to provide attractive teaching and concert material.
Christopher Field has a lifetime's experience of singing and teaching stretching back to 1953 when he was a chorister at the coronation of HM Queen Elizabeth II. Later he won a choral exhibition to Trinity College, Cambridge, a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Music and an Arts Council of Great Britain award for postgraduate study with Frederick Husler in Switzerland. His subsequent career as a schoolmaster at Dulwich College was combined with work as a concert baritone, choral conducting, and teaching singing and double bass. For many years a number of his teaching works have been included in the graded examination syllabuses of the leading examination boards.
- The Cow (Robert Louis Stevenson)
- House of Dreams (Sara Teasdale)
- The Crocodile (Lewis Carroll)
- The Rainbow (Christina Rossetti)
- The Swing (Robert Louis Stevenson)
- Sea Shell (Amy Lowell)
- He wishes for the Cloths of Heaven (W.B. Yeats)
- Over hill, over dale (Shakespeare)
- Fall, leaves fall (Emily Bronte)
- Full Fathom Five (Shakesepare)