Alexander Glazunov: Complete Organ Works
Complete Organ Works
Alexander Glazunov (1865 - 1936)
Glazunov's compositions are often noted for their distinctive emotionality and underlying heroic mood. This also applies to the known organ works of this Russian master, all of which bear the characteristic traits of the Russian symphonic style: epic breadth and monumentality as well as a close proximity to folk music, all combined with supreme contrapuntal skill.
This Urtext edition contains not only the well-known Prelude and Fugue in D major op. 93 (1906), Prelude and Fugue in D minor op. 98 (1914) and Fantasy op. 110 (1935) but also the Prelude and Fugue in D minor op. 62 (1899), an expressive piano piece presented here in a revised transcription for symphonic organ by B. L. Sabaneyev (1909).
- New Urtext edition of the complete organ works plus a historic transcription
- Detailed Foreword (Russ/Ger/Eng) and a Critical Commentary (Eng)
- Prelude and Fugue D major op. 93
- Prelude and Fugue D minor op. 98
- Fantasia op. 110
- Prelude and Fugue D minor op. 62
- Critical Commentary