McClellan-Bratic: Chet Atkins in 3 dimensions - 1
Chet Atkins in 3 dimensions - 1
This tribute contains twenty-two of Chet's greatest solos and duets along with interviews with his daughter, Merle Atkins Russell and close friends such as Jerry Reed, Vince Gill, Eddy Arnold, Don Mclean and many others. This book offers touching insight into the character of an American original, who did much to shape the course of music history and the guitar. Most importantly, Chet Atkins helped thousands of people over the course of his life through kindness and generosity. To quote Jerry Reed, "There is only one." This book is a tribute to a special man, a special artist - a hero to the millions of lives he touched. The Atkins Family has shared many rare photographs which are presented in a special eight-page color insert. Selections include, Heartaches, Caravan, When You Wish Upon a Star (live version), Music to Watch Girls by, Stars and Stripes Forever, Jerry's Breakdown, Nashtown Ville and many others. All music is in standard notation and in tablature.
- Black Mountain Rag
- Bob Beckham - "I know That's Right!"
- Choro da Saudade
- Cy Coben on Chet - "Chet's Tune"
- David Conrad - "It's a Wonderful Life"
- Don Light - "He Nailed it Again!"
- Don McLean - "Starry, Starry Night"
- Drive In
- Eddy Arnold - "Make the World Go Away"
- Going Home
- Harry Warner - "They Called Him, Sir"
- Jerry Reed on Chet - "Hail to the Chief"
- Jerry's Breakdown
- John McClellan - "A Boy's Tale"
- Johnny Smith - "Walk Don't Run, Chet..."
- Jorge Morel - "The Pure Artist of the Guitar"
- La Vie en Rose
- Mainstreet Breakdown
- Merle Atkins Russell - "Thank You Very Little"
- Minuet - J.S. Bach
- Minute Waltz
- Music to Watch Girls By
- Nashtown Ville
- Oh By Jingo
- Ray Stevens - "I Haven't Got the Carrot Yet!"
- Recuerdos de la Alhambra
- Streets of Laredo
- Take Five
- The Stars and Stripes Forever
- Tony Brown - "The King of Nashville"
- Vince Gill - "I Was in Guitar Heaven"
- Vincent (Starry, Starry Night)
- When you Wish Upon a Star