Violoncelle et piano
'Unbeaten Tracks' for cello is the latest in this instrumental repertoire series from Faber Music. The eight pieces in this volume are written in an array of musical styles by some of today's most talented composers and are undoubtedly destined to become standard repertoire for players of intermediate level upwards.
Handy 'Biopics' collect small details about various composers giving an insight into the inspiration and mood of the music.
- Carl Davis - Elegy
- Lowell Liebermann - Album leaf, Op.66
- Olli Mustonen - Frogs dancing on water lilies
- John Woolrich - Cantilena
- Julian Jacobson - Hip hip bourrée
- Mark-Antony Turnage - Vocalise
- David Matthews - Tango flageoletto
- Steven Isserlis - The haunted house